Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thankful

With 2013 upon us, it seems like a good idea to join others around me in choosing a "Word for the Year."  I think mine will be thankful.  Along with that word of the year, my one little New Years Resolution is to stop complaining about the Luxembourg weather :)  Alex encouraged me in that decision as he got tired of hearing me say I was freezing every time we walked outside in the overcast, misty weather that we've been enjoying / enduring for about 6 months now.  The vitamin D jokes probably also got old.  There's gotta be a big industry for the sales of Vitamin D suppliments here with the absence of sun.  Just saying.

So, I'm actually enjoying my non-complaining self this crisp (snowy) Luxembourg Monday as I sit here writing another over-due post about some news that I'm overly thankful for.

And the news is...Alex and I are going to have a little one in June!

Yep, I couldn't be more excited.  It has been so much fun sharing the news with family and friends these last few weeks.  My favorite part of sharing the news has been seeing friends share genuine excitement for and with me...

Friends who long (and continue to wait) for a child of their own.  Their sincere excitement blesses me beyond words. 

Friends who are still single and long to be married. Their joy for our good news humbles me in such a deep way. 

The sweet words and squeels from all my friends and family has been so special to this first time mom-to-be.  Yet I must say the reactions of friends who are still waiting for their prayer to be answered has made a lasting impact on me.  It has amazed me and completely blessed my socks off. 

In the process of seeing a selfless happiness in others...for me...I can learn a lot about how to better love and how to be content.  It has also given a lot of meaning to my 2013 word of the year.

I have so much to be thankful for.

Love from Luxembourg...
Melanie



No comments:

Post a Comment