Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Its a...

At just 16 weeks, our sweet doctor here in Luxembourg could already decipher the sex of our baby.  Technology these days is absolutely amazing.

Alex and I both knew that since I don't have the virtue of patience, I wouldn't be able to wait until our delivery to find out if I was going to have a son or daughter so that option was out.  I also didn't think that I wanted to find out - boy or girl - sitting in the doctor's chair with that cold gel on my growing stomach.  So...

Sarah to the rescue!

Sarah told me to get our doctor to write the sex of our baby on a piece of paper and to put it an envelope that I brought to the appointment.  Because of the cultural differences and potential language confusion, I didn't explain anything else to him beyond this one thing.  I figured I'd keep it simple and even write the French names for "boy" and "girl" on the card so all he had to do was circle the correct word - in his own language to avoid any mishap :)

Once I had the closed envelope in my possession, Sarah came and picked it up.  She baked a gorgeous cake for me and Alex, coloring the inside either pink or blue.  Here's the beautiful turquoise cake...


After dinner with Sarah and Chris on Friday night, Alex and I cut the cake...


And much to Alex's surprise, the inside was...


We're having a little girl :)


What a memory Sarah and Chris gave us.  We'll always remember "the night we cut the cake" and can tell our little girl all about it one day - complete with photos and a video.


Thank you, Sarah, for a perfect cake and a precious memory!

Love from Luxembourg...
Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment