Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tales of a visit from Ms. Connie

Clearly, I have no excuses for the delay.  I can't believe its been so long since my last post but I'm back with news of recent adventures in this little Luxembourg of mine :) 

The day after Alex and I returned from Italy, we had a very special visitor!  Alex's mom (AKA Ms. Connie) arrived from Tulsa, all smiles - and seemingly without jetlag - ready to hit the ground running in Luxembourg!  And that we did! 


A few hours after Ms. Connie's arrival, we piled in the car and headed through the beatiful countryside toward Vianden's Walnut Festival.  Vianden is a cute little Luxembourgish town north of the city that is best known for two things - the annual Walnut Festival and its huge castle...

Vianden Castle

Over the next few days, Alex and I were able to give Ms. Connie a grand tour of Luxembourg - the countryside, the Grund, the City Centre and the vineyards - in addition to taking her on a few day trips to Belgium and Germany.  Here are a few pictures from our travels.  The first, is perhaps my favorite...

Dinant, Belgium


Luxembourg's bi-weekly market

Luxembourg's vineyards

Cochem, Germany

Cochem = Adorable!

One of my favorite things we did during our road-tripping with Ms. Connie, was a cruise down Germany's Rhine River.  The tiny towns that dot the coast of the Rhine River are quaint and lovely.  The river cruise we chose took us from the town of St. Goar, Germany to Bacharach and we saw castles galore!


Perhaps our most amusing part of the cruise was our encounter with a German bowling club.  It was noon, they were several drinks in and they were having a jolly good time.  Ms. Connie and I even got serenaded (in German, of course :)


A few from the top of one of the many castles

Many castles later, our trio returned to Luxembourg to spend a few more days with Ms. Connie before she headed home.  What a fun week and a half it was!  We covered most of Luxembourg and numerous cute towns in Germany and Belgium.  I think Ms. Connie quite enjoyed herself, as did I!

Love until next time...Melanie






No comments:

Post a Comment