Thursday, November 24, 2011

Full of Thanks

This is my second Thanksgiving abroad (the first being in China 10 years ago) and, again, it is a strange feeling to wake up and know that today is just a regular Thursday to everyone else in Luxembourg.  Clearly, they don't celebrate the holiday so everyone is working and turkeys are impossible to find at the grocery store.  Thanks to the American Women's Club, however, I was able to order my very own 11lb Butterball (frozen) turkey!

Because Alex's birthday was also this week, we are going to host a big Thanksgiving feast / Birthday celebration this Saturday.  All of our European friends are very curious about this Thanksgiving that the Americans celebrate so we're going to have a full house.  Hopefully our apartment can hold 30 people (and the tiny oven can hold Mr. Butterball :)  I will fully document Saturday's Thanksgiving / Birthday celebration one day next week!

On this Thanksgiving Day, I have so much to be thankful for... 
I'm thankful for a precious family back home who loves me and misses me. 
I'm also so grateful that I have a plane ticket home for Christmas in just over 2 weeks! 
I'm thankful for a husband who has made our first year of marriage the best year of my life. 
I'm thankful for friends both here in Luxembourg and back in the US (we'll come back, I promise :) 
I'm thankful for an opportunity of a lifetime to make my home in lovely Luxembourg for a few years.
I'm thankful for my health.
I'm thankful for the unconditional love of a Savior who gave his life for mine.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! 

With love from Luxembourg...Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment